Join Our Team
The world is moving toward more efficient and environment-friendly power generation methods to meet the growing global demand for energy-and we at Capstone intend to take it by storm. We are always looking for creative and ambitious people who want to join us in our pursuit and be part of a team that brings clean and reliable energy solutions to businesses around the world. Advanced engineering and more than 100 patents put Capstone's leading-edge technology in a class of its own.
Capstone is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered without giving regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability.
All resumes should be emailed to email@example.com.
Distribution Development ManagerVan Nuys, California
Department: Policy, Strategy & Distribution Development
Reports To: Director of Policy, Strategy & Distribution Development
Location: Van Nuys, California
General Purpose of the Position: Identifies, selects, supports new distribution partners, and coordinates with Sales Department to train and track the progress of new and existing Capstone distributors and other channel partners.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with EVP Sales and Marketing and RSDs to locate and contract new channel partners.
- Lead new distributors and new distributor employees through the on-boarding process and support compliance with Capstone’s distribution model, policy and procedures.
- Ensure ongoing maintenance of distributor and channel partners account information in Salesforce.
- Support distributors in development of business infrastructure to support distribution requirements
- Work with EVP of Sales and Marketing and RSDs to track contract renewal dates and assist with the timely renewal of contracts.
- Work with RSDs and Marketing to develop individualized distributor-specific marketing strategies, goals and action items to achieve those goals.
- Work with RSDs, Application Engineering and Marketing to develop and deliver ongoing training to distributors to help them achieve revenue targets.
- Work with RSDs, Business Development, Application Engineering, Product Management and Marketing to develop common sales tools, including sales presentations, competitive intelligence, standard proposal formats, Performance calculator, Economic calculator, etc.
- Assist with the implementation and use of Salesforce by distributors, OEM and other authorized partners.
- Assist RSDs, Marketing and Product management in defining new markets and product opportunities.
- Work with RSDs, Marketing and Product Management to keep EVP of Sales and Marketing advised of competitive landscape.
- Facilitate communication with Customer Service to address aftermarket opportunities and concerns.
- Contact business partners to communicate opportunities and to support lead generation and qualification.
Skills and Abilities:
- Interpreting and analyzing quantitative and qualitative research.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to function responsibly without direct supervision, yet as part of a team.
- Strong ability to clearly present technical information in a variety of formats.
- Strong ability to communicate business impact and value proposition specific to customer needs.
- Liaise with and produce support material for other sales team members and technical experts.
- Show high motivation, enthusiasm, optimism and energy.
- Show effective skills in project management and the ability to carry a project to completion.
- Strong business judgment in order to set priorities.
- Experience in organization and execution of business activities.
- Ability to rely on extensive experience with internal company organization, market research and a highly technical product.
- Foreign language capabilities are a plus
- Knowledge of constructing economic models is a plus
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Technical/Engineering, or related field and/or related market experience; MBA is a plus.
- Work experience should include a minimum of 3 years in a sales or sales support and 2+ years in applied market research.
- Experience in energy sector preferred, particularly in distributed power generation market.
- Effective PC skills in Microsoft Office, Salesforce, and Acrobat are desired.
- Ability to take ambiguous and unclear tasks and turn them into actionable items that support the Company’s objectives.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
- Required to sit for long periods of time. Extensive use of a computer.
- Extensive (50%+) travel may be required.
Usual office working conditions:
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
A review of this position has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent(s) will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities.
Marketing/Sales InternVan Nuys, California
Capstone Turbine Corporation, the world’s leading producer of low-emission turbine systems, is currently seeking a creative Marketing/Sales Intern for a 4-6 month paid internship at their corporate headquarters in Van Nuys. This is an excellent opportunity for the right individual to learn hands-on about all aspects of Sales and Marketing in a professional yet highly creative environment. The position requires strong individual initiative coupled with the ability to work with and coordinate among various team members. Our interns learn a great deal about our businesses, develop important relationships, and build the skills necessary to prepare themselves for a successful career in Marketing and Sales.
Interns receive an introduction to the firm's businesses and provide a meaningful and important role in supporting its various functions. In addition, our interns are afforded access to Capstone executive leadership and have the opportunity to interact with associates at all levels of the firm. Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Learn the fundamentals of the clean energy industry
- Support key marketing processes including website improvements, email creative, offers and digital advertising
- Help manage our editorial calendar and content team projects
- Database creation and maintenance and lead mining
- Update and maintain Salesforce records as needed
- Update sales and marketing presentations and collateral
- Help maintain social media channels
- Schedule GoToMeetings with distribution partners
- Prepare marketing support orders and lead follow-up mailings
- Online and offline research
- Participate in team meetings
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- 16-20 hours a week with flexible schedule
- Sophomore status (or greater) majoring in Marketing, Business, or Advertising at an accredited university
- Enthusiastic, optimistic, focused, and motivated
- Detail oriented and creative
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, analytical and communication skills that demonstrate professionalism
- Thorough working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Salesforce.com knowledge is a plus
Capstone is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities that the incumbent(s) must possess to successfully perform each duty proficiently.