Join Our Team
The world is moving toward more efficient and environment-friendly power generation methods to meet the growing global demand for energy-and we at Capstone intend to take it by storm. We are always looking for creative and ambitious people who want to join us in our pursuit and be part of a team that brings clean and reliable energy solutions to businesses around the world. Advanced engineering and more than 100 patents put Capstone's leading-edge technology in a class of its own.
Capstone is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered without giving regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability.
All resumes should be emailed to email@example.com.
Help Desk Support TechVan Nuys, California
JOB TITLE: Help Desk Support Tech
DEPARTMENT: Information Technology (I.T.)
REPORTS TO: IT Director
LOCATION: Van Nuys, California
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION: This is a full time position which reports to the Director of IT, and provides general support for desktop and laptop computers, VOIP phone system, and miscellaneous IT support requests to a user base of ~200 employees located in the Van Nuys area. Off hours on-call work is not required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Build, deploy, and support desktop and laptop hardware, software, and VOIP phones.
- Provide timely response to PC support requests submitted through the IT ticketing system.
- Provide general troubleshooting for Windows based laptops and desktops, including 3rd party products such as Microsoft Office, Anti-Virus, Adobe products, and other ad hoc software packages.
- Maintain documentation tracking device inventory and usage.
- Assists in maintaining a production data center environment.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- 2 years of completed Information Technology college coursework or equivalent experience highly desired.
- Understanding of Windows operating systems, Microsoft Office, Anti-Virus, Adobe products, and general network understanding and knowledge.
- Structured technical problem solving skills.
- Strong communication skills with a customer service attitude.
- Ability to manage dynamic situations in a calm, courteous, and efficient manner
- Ability to meet deadlines while paying attention to details
- Excellent interpersonal skills
Capstone is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identification, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities that the incumbent(s) must possess to successfully perform each duty proficiently.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
Technical TrainerVan Nuys, California
JOB TITLE: Technical Trainer
DEPARTMENT: Product Management
REPORTS TO: Director, Product Management
LOCATION: Van Nuys, California
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION: Responsible for addressing complex technical customer issues and management of training services including development, delivery, and continuous improvement of all aspects of Capstone training products and programs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage the creation, development, maintenance and delivery of technical training materials for instructor-led and web-based training, including: presentation materials, instructor guides, course handbooks, hands-on lab exercises, exams, and course evaluations.
- Interface extensively with colleagues in Customer Service, Engineering, Manufacturing, and Sales & Marketing to develop and maintain technical expertise on Capstone products, keep abreast of ongoing product development, and accurately assess customer training needs.
- Maintain all demonstration systems, tools, and applications.
- Develop and deliver all training materials and presentations in a professional and effective manner.
- Oversee the development of training material for international staff and offsite courses.
- Responsible for ensuring training records are maintained within the Company database.
- Pursue continuous improvement efforts with respect to training content, program structure, and delivery.
- Create educational material for our business partners and end-users in the form of application guides, whitepapers, and training presentations that clearly describe proper application of the company’s microturbines.
- Documents methodologies to integrate Capstone products into high-value solutions for customer environments.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent oral/written communication and customer relations skills, including presentation and facilitation skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic, entrepreneurial environment where growth and professionalism will be achieved largely through creativity, high integrity, reasoned and thoughtful judgment, sense of urgency, a balance between strategic and tactical skills and a willingness to “roll up the sleeves.”
- Ability to think strategically and deliver tactically.
- Knowledge and experience in control systems and power generation.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated technical aptitude and ability to rapidly learn new technology, both hardware and software.
- Ability to extract detailed information by reading and interpreting technical data and technical documents, and interviewing Subject Matter Experts, and ability to present such information in easily understood technical, graphical, and hands-on terms.
- Proficient using MS Office applications including Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and MS Project.
- Experience with multimedia applications and course authoring tools such as:
- InQuisiq (Learning Management System)
- Availability to travel up to 50% of the time, occasionally on short notice and frequently including international travel.
- Must be fluent in English. Knowledge of a second/third language would be and asset (Spanish, Russian, etc.)
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field, preferably electronics, or equivalent experience with electronics, electrical, or electromechanical controls is strongly desired. Will consider practical, hands-on knowledge and experience equivalent in lieu of a degree.
- Experience in testing, troubleshooting, maintaining, and/or repairing equipment in an electrical or gas turbine environment is highly desired.
- 5+ years’ experience as a technical trainer.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell.
PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT:
- Required to sit for long periods of time. Extensive use of a computer
- Willingness to spend extensive hours beyond a normal 40-hour work week
- Extensive travel may be required.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
All duties and responsibilities are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills or abilities that the incumbent(s) must possess to successfully perform each duty proficiently.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" relationship.