Join Our Team
The world is moving toward more efficient and environment-friendly power generation methods to meet the growing global demand for energy-and we at Capstone intend to take it by storm. We are always looking for creative and ambitious people who want to join us in our pursuit and be part of a team that brings clean and reliable energy solutions to businesses around the world. Advanced engineering and more than 100 patents put Capstone's leading-edge technology in a class of its own.
Capstone provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
All resumes should be emailed to email@example.com.
Technical TrainerVan Nuys, California
JOB TITLE: Technical Trainer
DEPARTMENT: Product Management
REPORTS TO: Director, Product Management
LOCATION: Van Nuys, California
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION: Responsible for addressing complex technical customer issues and management of training services including development, delivery, and continuous improvement of all aspects of Capstone training products and programs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage the creation, development, maintenance and delivery of technical training materials for instructor-led and web-based training, including: presentation materials, instructor guides, course handbooks, hands-on lab exercises, exams, and course evaluations.
- Interface extensively with colleagues in Customer Service, Engineering, Manufacturing, and Sales & Marketing to develop and maintain technical expertise on Capstone products, keep abreast of ongoing product development, and accurately assess customer training needs.
- Maintain all demonstration systems, tools, and applications.
- Develop and deliver all training materials and presentations in a professional and effective manner.
- Oversee the development of training material for international staff and offsite courses.
- Responsible for ensuring training records are maintained within the Company database.
- Pursue continuous improvement efforts with respect to training content, program structure, and delivery.
- Create educational material for our business partners and end-users in the form of application guides, whitepapers, and training presentations that clearly describe proper application of the company’s microturbines.
- Documents methodologies to integrate Capstone products into high-value solutions for customer environments.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent oral/written communication and customer relations skills, including presentation and facilitation skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic, entrepreneurial environment where growth and professionalism will be achieved largely through creativity, high integrity, reasoned and thoughtful judgment, sense of urgency, a balance between strategic and tactical skills and a willingness to “roll up the sleeves.”
- Ability to think strategically and deliver tactically.
- Knowledge and experience in control systems and power generation.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated technical aptitude and ability to rapidly learn new technology, both hardware and software.
- Ability to extract detailed information by reading and interpreting technical data and technical documents, and interviewing Subject Matter Experts, and ability to present such information in easily understood technical, graphical, and hands-on terms.
- Proficient using MS Office applications including Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and MS Project.
- Experience with multimedia applications and course authoring tools such as:
- InQuisiq (Learning Management System)
- Availability to travel up to 50% of the time, occasionally on short notice and frequently including international travel.
- Must be fluent in English. Knowledge of a second/third language would be and asset (Spanish, Russian, etc.)
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field, preferably electronics, or equivalent experience with electronics, electrical, or electromechanical controls is strongly desired. Will consider practical, hands-on knowledge and experience equivalent in lieu of a degree.
- Experience in testing, troubleshooting, maintaining, and/or repairing equipment in an electrical or gas turbine environment is highly desired.
- 5+ years’ experience as a technical trainer.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell.
PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT:
- Required to sit for long periods of time. Extensive use of a computer
- Willingness to spend extensive hours beyond a normal 40-hour work week
- Extensive travel may be required.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
All duties and responsibilities are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills or abilities that the incumbent(s) must possess to successfully perform each duty proficiently.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" relationship.
Quality Engineer – SupplyVan Nuys, California
Job Title: Quality Engineer – Supply
Reports To: Manager, Quality
Location: Van Nuys, California
Purpose of the Position: Develops processes and systems that align with Company plans and initiatives, and that ensure the quality, reliability and safety of procured products and services. Duties include adherence to applicable quality assurance and customer requirements, implementation of appropriate processes and practices at suppliers to ensure that products supplied to Capstone meet all requirements for quality / reliability / performance, participation / providing leadership in continuous improvement activities and training of personnel when required. This position will aggressively move our supplier base to “dock to point of use” status through early involvement during new part introduction processes, supplier selection / approval processes, and supplier improvement programs to include statistical and advanced quality planning techniques.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in establishing and maintaining Quality Assurance standards for Capstone suppliers. These standards shall adhere to Capstone Supplier Quality policies and ISO regulations to ensure that appropriate products and services are provided.
- Responsible for the quality of products manufactured at external manufacturers.
- Act as team leader for assuming and resolving supplier and procurement related issues.
- Develop and implement, in collaboration with Supply Chain functions, supplier development and part certification programs for new and existing suppliers.
- Develop and implement supplier quality tracking system with appropriate metrics and reporting systems.
- Review suppliers purchase orders for appropriate quality requirements flow down.
- Plan, organize, and conduct audits, surveys, and inspections.
- Support company initiatives to develop and improve supplier performance and productivity.
- Initiate and follow-up Supplier Corrective Actions (SCAR) in partnership with Manufacturing Engineering to ensure complete and effective root cause analysis and corrective action implementation.
- Prepare, maintain, and review purchasing quality procedure to ensure compliance.
- Monitor and report on supplier quality-related activities to verify quality system, product and contract, or purchase order compliance.
- Complete first article inspections.
- Ensure that suppliers document and maintain an approved quality system to meet the appropriate company or customer requirement.
- Represent the company with suppliers to ensure that suppliers’ manufacturing and Quality System, special processes and products meet purchase contract requirements and applicable regulatory and government regulations.
- Work closely with the Procurement Group to establish and maintain a Supplier Quality Scorecard (This is part of a bigger Supplier Scorecard that includes Delivery, Cost, Partnership, Advanced Quality Planning and Quality)
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work effectively in an entrepreneurial team environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of ISO 9000 requirements.
- Demonstrate high level of computer literacy – proficient in developing spreadsheets (Excel preferred), utilizing word processing and databases, specifically Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to communicate effectively, make presentations and write concise reports for all levels of employees.
- Demonstrate analytical/technical aptitude evidenced by 2 or more years of successful experience in quantitative role.
- Problem solving skills evidenced by demonstrated results in past positions.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and handles multiple detail-oriented tasks.
- Knowledge of theory and principles of statistics, statistical sampling techniques and statistical process control.
- Knowledge of process validations, identification of key characteristics and Gage Repeatability and reproducibility.
- Ability to proactively work with suppliers to improve quality and resolve issues.
- Able to read blue prints and drawings.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related technical field, Mechanical Engineering degree is preferred.
- 2-3+ years of supplier quality engineering experience within a machine shop, assembly, inspection and/or test environment, ideally with high precision parts and products
- Green Belt Certification is required
- Self-starter with the ability to quickly learn about new processes with very little information provided
- Hands-on experience with PPAP is a plus.
- Position will require some travel (10-20%, possibly international).
Capstone is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills or abilities that the incumbent(s) must possess to successfully perform each duty proficiently.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" relationship.