Join Our Team
The world is moving toward more efficient and environment-friendly power generation methods to meet the growing global demand for energy-and we at Capstone intend to take it by storm. We are always looking for creative and ambitious people who want to join us in our pursuit and be part of a team that brings clean and reliable energy solutions to businesses around the world. Advanced engineering and more than 100 patents put Capstone's leading-edge technology in a class of its own.
Capstone is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered without giving regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability.
All resumes should be emailed to email@example.com.
Planning/Procurement Financial ManagerChatsworth, California
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION: Analyze and recommend actions in support of material planning lead time including off sets to ensure planned and executed purchase orders are in alignment supporting the Company’s Sales and forecasted production requirements. Recommend and maintain data base and metrics to ensure procurement is performing and supporting SAP and within required time lines. Measure supplier’s for adherence to delivery schedules. Recommend cash management decisions by evaluating supplier terms thereby ensuring materials are ordered within lead times to support production demand as supplier terms and payments; that may impact delivery and order processing. Analyze planning horizon and time lines to ensure committed spend and planned purchases are in alignment and that planning off sets and forecast adjustments are accurate. Responsible for inventory management including actions necessary to increase inventory turns.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Analyze and recommend actions in support of the Forecast Process for New Unit Sales, Accessory Parts, Remanufacturing and Service Parts to positively impact lead time, inventory turns and cash management.
- Interface with Accounting ensuring timely execution of procurement documents requiring signatures as outlined in the Approval Authority Matrix.
- Analyze entered orders understanding impact to procurement horizon and lead time impact.
- Monitors and analyzes financial data within the Operations organization to drive improvements of financial results within the organization.
- Analyzes and report manufacturing efficiency variances and determining corrective action requirements. Ensures data is correctly classified, timely, complete and accurate for reporting purposes.
- Review and recommend approval or reconsideration of invoices.
- Strong business orientation identifying opportunities to improve financial and operational performance by providing decision-making and support for strategic business initiatives.
- Provide the VP of Operations a complete and accurate picture of overall financial performance and material commitments of the Operations group.
- Work with SAP and other databases to gather, compile, analyze and ensure data integrity and processes are functioning correctly, updating daily tracking performance metrics.
- Providing the VP of Operations with recommendations for improvements or corrective actions.
- Lead preparation of monthly cost forecasts, quarterly planned expenditures and forecast support.
- Review and track variances for monthly, quarterly and annual budget for Operations.
- Analyze MRP data and recommend parameter changes and input changes to support continuous improvement of inventory turns and minimize MRP messages.
- Ensure Buyer/Planners investigate cause of critical material shortages, schedule delays and recommend actions to correct these problems.
- Provide reports to sales and management for new customer orders, production build schedule, and quarterly sales projections.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must be computer proficient with the PC based computer systems, Windows Operating System and Microsoft Office Suite and have an excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Access and SAP material requirements planning system.
- Strong business orientation enabling identification of process and data integrity improvements and corrective actions.
- Strong analytical and data mining skills.
- Be a self-starter and able to work with limited direction and supervision
- Experience working with manufacturing based technology, processes and principles.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and manage within the constraints of multiple priorities.
- Show a strong work ethic provides recommendations for problem solving and problem prevention.
- Identify and articulate clear, meaningful recommendations providing focus on processes.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Five or more years hands-on sustained success in Supply Chain and Materials Management and manufacturing planning.
- Experience with SAP
- Preferred 2 + years of experience in Accounting or Materials Management with a Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain and Materials Management, Accounting, Business Administration or Finance.
- Candidates with ERP or CPIM Certification are desired.
- Computer skills including the use of Microsoft Office products.
Capstone is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.