Join Our Team
The world is moving toward more efficient and environment-friendly power generation methods to meet the growing global demand for energy-and we at Capstone intend to take it by storm. We are always looking for creative and ambitious people who want to join us in our pursuit and be part of a team that brings clean and reliable energy solutions to businesses around the world. Advanced engineering and more than 100 patents put Capstone's leading-edge technology in a class of its own.
Capstone is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered without giving regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability.
All resumes should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Master Scheduler/Planning SupervisorVan Nuys, California
REPORTS TO: Director, Strategic Sourcing and Planning
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION: Oversee the Order Management and Production Planning functions of the Operations organization to direct activities in a manner that creates an attractive working environment, reduces working capital requirements, minimizes operating expenses, maximizes product quality, and meets customer on time delivery requirements.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee the execution of the Forecast Process for New Unit Sales, Accessory Parts, and Service Parts to minimize lead time and maximize customer on time delivery.
- Manage the Order Entry process to ensure customer orders are reviewed for price, configuration, and terms; communicate build schedules with sales; verify orders receive financial clearance, shipping instructions, and deliveries are created for shipping.
- Drive Inventory Turns through Material Requirements Planning to minimize working capital requirements and maximize margin for the business.
- Manage the Planning Resources to support new product introduction efforts with Make vs Buy decisions, plan sequence of fabrication and assembly with shop floor personnel, and maintain accuracy of Manufacturing BOMs in MRP system.
- Manage the Planning Resources to establish consistent build schedules that level load internal and external manufacturing, prepare shop work orders for internal manufacturing, and process updates to company MRP system.
- Ensures Planners investigate cause of critical material shortages, schedule delays and initiate actions to correct these problems.
- Advises manufacturing, procurement, and engineering concerning remedial action, part rework, or in-house stock fabrication to ensure work progresses on schedule.
- Manage Material Requirements for Capstone Parts Depots world-wide.
- Sits on IT steering committee to manage changes to company MRP system (SAP).
- Provide reports to sales and management for new customer orders, production build schedule, and quarterly sales projections.
- Develop strategies to increase internal and external customer satisfaction, reduce working capital requirements, reduce over head cost, and maximize on time delivery.
- Responsible for the development of department processes using customer feedback for continuous improvement.
- Responsible for training internal and external department members on key processes with the Planning department.
- Responsible for attracting, hiring, training, setting goals, holding reviews, establishing accountability, and merit increases for department resources.
- Production Planning
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must be computer proficient with the PC based computer systems, Windows Operating System and Microsoft Office Suite and have an excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and SAP material requirements planning system.
- Experience working with manufacturing based technology, processes and principles.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and manage within the constraints of multiple priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to inspire others; show a strong work ethic; set a positive example by providing assistance, recognition and encouragement; to identify and articulate clear, meaningful goals; to focus the efforts of others, and to quickly adapt well to changing conditions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- 4 Year Technical Degree or equivalent
- Ten or more years hands-on sustained success in manufacturing planning.
- Candidates with ERP or CPIM Certification are desired.
Capstone is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills or abilities that the incumbent(s) must possess to successfully perform each duty proficiently.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" relationship.